Monday, October 19, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

Went to see Where the Wild Things Are and I must give an honest review. The puppetry, by Jim Henson, was per usual, AWESOME, computer graphics were so good I couldn't see the difference between the CG and the actual live action puppetry, that's pretty good in my book. The character Max was presented fantastically by the actor. Had a great time with Addie and Christopher watching this movie. Now for the bad news, I didn't like it. I was greatly disappointed. The plot line was very odd and disjointed. There were two curse words, which greatly bothered me. They were simply unnecessary. I was never transported back to a childlike feeling during the movie. I began to, while Max was leaving this world to go to where the wild things are, but once he arrived and started to interact with them, it just didn't do it for me. Addie liked it, Christopher was entertained, but it really lacked some sort of ability to carry the viewer along for the ride. I felt like I was watching this happen not going thru it myself. I do hope that everyone else likes it and enjoys seeing it and I would love to know what you all thought about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment